Lodging at Kelly Place
Our main lodge is an adobe-style building with courtyard, built in the mid-1960's. There are seven rooms in the main lodge. We have three adobe-style cabins which offer more privacy. A two bedroom modular suite provides amenities in a spacious environment.
All of our accommodations feature private, en suite baths and queen size beds. Basic and standard lodge rooms are rustic, cowboy bunkhouse style but are very comfortable for a several night stay. The upgraded cabins and deluxe rooms feature more room, windows and various meal cooking options. Our RV and tent sites are located on select areas of the property and include our full, country-style breakfast buffet. Kelly Place can host meetings, retreats and celebrations in our spacious meeting hall. Your visit is the best in Cortez lodging and camping you'll find!
- A full country-style buffet breakfast served daily in the lodge, featuring a hot entrée and our delicious home-made Granola.
- Wireless Internet access in the main lodge and surrounding grounds and buildings.
- Loads of hiking trails on the property, many more in Sand Canyon where you can hike for an hour or a day and not see the same thing twice!
- Self-guided tours of the archaeological sites on Kelly Place property, including ruins in various stages of excavation or restoration.
- Fresh fruit from the orchard (in season), including apples, apricots, peaches and pears.
- Sack lunches are available with 1 day advance notice.
- Dinners or lunches may be available for groups of 8 or more with advance notice.
- Archaeologist guided hikes into Canyons of the Ancients from Kelly Place.
- Horse back rides (from a neighbouring ranch) into Canyons of the Ancients.
- Local McElmo Canyon wines, by the glass or bottle.
- Local beer on tap from a Cortez microbrewery, by the cold glass or pitcher.
- Other bottled brands of beer and wine are available too.
**** Sorry, we cannot accommodate pets in our lodging rooms.****